On completion of the course and having satisfied the aims and objectives each delegate will have developed further skills, knowledge and understanding required to qualify in Initial Incident Command prior to attaining full competence in their FRS.
On completion, the delegates will have developed a practical and theoretical understanding of:
- Understand the key principles of the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of personnel within the incident command structure
- Understand the requirements for the successful management of risk at operational incidents
- Understand the need for effective lines and methods of communication at incidents
- Be able to plan an initial response to an operational incident
- Be able to implement actions to meet planned objectives
- Be able to close down the operational phase of an incident
- Be able to debrief people following incidents
The course is both theoretically and practically orientated, delegates must be capable of preparing and delivering lectures as well as practically demonstrating knowledge and ability across an unrivalled range of realistic operational scenarios.
This course is aimed at FRS Personnel who are:
- Deemed competent as a firefighter by their service
- Are developing towards commanding operational incidents at the initial supervisory level
- Have a knowledge of the incident command system
Impeller have negotiated a preferential rate with the local Grand Hotel in Sunderland for all of our delegates. The rate includes bed, breakfast and evening meal which can be added to your booking or paid for separately at the hotel.
The hotel is a mere 6 miles from Impeller’s training centre and boasts fantastic facilities such as complimentary Wifi, gymnasium and swimming pool.