On completion of the Heavy Road Traffic Collision Instructor (Heavy Rescue) course and having satisfied the aims and objectives, each delegate will have developed further skills, increased their knowledge and collated sufficient information to enable them to undertake the role of a Heavy Road Traffic Collision Instructor. Contact Us About Our Heavy Road Traffic Collision Instructor Training
At the end of the course, the delegates will be able to: –
- Apply glass management and stabilisation techniques in respect of LGVs
- Demonstrate the correct cutting and spreading techniques for LGVs
- Demonstrate the correct procedures for stabilising and the controlled lifting of overturned LGVs on light motor vehicles
- Demonstrate the correct methods of stabilising and cutting coaches
- Demonstrate the correct methods of long boarding from LGVs
Assessments will take the form of continuous assessment.
The course has been designed to introduce the delegates to all aspects of Heavy Road Traffic Collision Procedures and further develop them as Instructor in this discipline. Delegates must be suitably qualified as Road Traffic Collision Instructors (RTCI), prior to attending the Heavy RTCI course. Delegates attending the course should be physically fit. It is advisable that they should contact their doctor or occupational health department for a physical check-up, as this is a physically and mentally demanding course.
5 day course
This course is a level 3 Skills For Justice Award accredited course.